Friday, May 2, 2008

Of Chaos and Eternal Night


Finally got hands on this more than a decade old album from Dark Tranquility and man does it rock!
I first heard DT a couple of years back in college. More precisely put, it was one of my best buddies Kenny...thts his nick ofcourse and he is an awesome guy. Bloke is pursuing his MS at Boston and is an awesome vocalist (read heavy metal, death, roaring et al). During one of those regular coll fests, he roared off with DT's own "Wonders at your feet" form the album 'Haven'. I was just amazed at the melodic and extensive use of keyboards and somehow it was a new genre for me and I just loved it. DT has put together some awesome numbers in that album..my favs are Egodrama..Feast of Burden and Indifferent Suns. And that was the only album from DT which I had listened to.
Coming back to present, just heard the songs from "Of Chaos.." it is one of the most stunning Swedish death metal acts. Michael Stanne and Niklas Sundin's guitar have the ability to flash and dazzle into melodic and stunning songs. "Away, delight, away" is so melodic and memorable that its still playing in my head. Just about every song in this record makes so much sense with its music and lyrics that it enhances the listening experience. My expectations and DT's credibility just got a boost :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dt has always been underrated. I think they are 1 of the best bands who use the synth n keyboards to such effect. Heard this album but i liked haven much better. Projector was a good one. the number u said 'away..' is the best in Of chaos .. album

Mrinal said...

yea true melodic soul..and i bet there are lotsa bands like DT which hasnt got the credibility they deserve..they are one of the best in this genre!